|Ecology Writing Guide|
Help with writing and study skills
Many people learn scientific writing skills by reading widely, adopting the styles of other scientists and asking colleagues for advice. You can fast-track this process by using the University of Auckland’s many development opportunities.
- The DELNA screening will help you identify your level of English reading and writing skills, and direct you to useful support.
- Student Learning Services offer online resources, workshops and advisory sessions on academic reading and writing, and general study skills like note-taking, time management and exam preparation.
- The Academic Integrity Course provides information on avoiding plagiarism.
- Computer training and assistance is available through Libraries and Learning Services and the IC helpdesks. See also IT Essentials.
- Assistance with English language is available at English Language Enrichment (ELE), and study options in Academic English Studies are available through the School of Cultures, Languages and Linguistics.
- The University also has general support for International Students, Māori Students and Pacific Students, including the Tuākana programme, and general personal support services for all students eg, counselling, mediation, and health and spiritual support.
- The Learning Disabilities Programme helps students successfully manage their learning disability within the academic setting.