Political Marketing POLITICS 345
Researching Political Marketing
Methodology for Political Marketing Research
Marland, Alex, and Thierry Giasson. (2013). "Investigating political marketing using mixed method: the case for campaign spending data." Journal of Public Affairs no. 13 (4):391-402.
Academics on Political Marketing in the Media
- Ken Cosgrove – Political Marketing – Radio NZ – AUDIO/RADIO - Interview with political marketing academic Ken Cosgrove on the field.
- Jennifer Lees-Marshment on Understanding Canada’s 2015 Election Result: Listening Strategy and Political Marketing- – Pacific Outlier – Blog post discussing the 2015 Canadian election result in relation to the field of political marketing, particularly highlighting the importance of ‘listening’ or market-orientation.
- Paul Baines on Political Marketing Matters: 2015 General Election https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqeBdunz-Xg
- Jennifer Lees-Marshment on How marketing is affecting this election – NZ Herald – ARTICLE - Discusses the influence of political marketing on the 2014 NZ general election, highlighting the importance of political strategy, political market research, political branding, and reputation for delivery to electoral success – relates this to findings in TVNZ’s Vote Compass survey.
- Donna Ladkin and Paul Baines and Leadership and Political Marketing in the US Presidential Elections, 2012 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cadfExWMnE; Leadership and Political Marketing in the Republican Primaries https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rB6r_phkgE